Friday, January 4, 2013

Positive Progress Again

Ah well.

Yesterday as the day wore on the more sore my legs got. By the time I got to the gym and out of the car I could barely move.

So I opted for a slow run moving into a walk before RPM to try to stretch the legs out.

I ended up getting in 3.5 miles. Not as many as I wanted.

When I put on my cycling shoes for RPM and got on the bike, I knew it was going to be a rough class.

I ended up having to really step back my pressure on my bike. My knees were twinging when I cycled and I didnt want to hurt them!! So I ended up taking it easier than I normally like.

Though I did end up burning 985 calories in 2 hours. That was a positive.

After I got home from the gym it was rough. I ended up munching on some string cheese and going up to the shower. A scalding shower to hopefully help my legs. After that I came back down and took some Advil and went to bed.

I am still super slow and achy today. Not sure how I am going to make it thru running, Zumba and upper body training with Eric tonight. All I know is that when I start cursing out Eric when I am training with him, it means I am going to be REALLY sore the next day. Good to know we found that fine line. LOL. And now he knows it. Oh baby. I am in trouble tonight!

Today I weighed in at 166.5.

Three pounds lost yesterday!!

This means that the majority of the weight I gained over the holiday was water weight. And with a little effort you and I can get the weight off. I mean I lost 8 lbs in two days!!

And I am only 1.5 lbs away from where I was pre holiday.

I got this.

And I got an awesome surprise in the mail yesterday. My Nutribullet came a day early!

Bummer is that I found out yesterday that we arent getting paid until next week so I am going to have to put off my juice fast until next week. Not a big deal. I am going to juice what I have around the house. The boys have already had two juice/smoothies which have mostly been fruit. But they are into it and Xavier MADE me add veggies into the juice today. LOL. Here is what they had so far:

1. tomatoes, carrots, celery, blackberries, blueberries and frozen bananas- Xavier doesnt like blackberry seeds and I noticed this didnt pulverize the seeds like I thought that it would. This was not a favorite of his.

2. This morning they are having celery, apple, pear, grapes and frozen banana. They like this one much better. No seeds. And it was more of a juice consistency though it was a little thicker than a store bought juice.

I really like this machine. It is very quiet compared to my NuWave style bullet blender and it blends REALLY quickly. My next door neighbor said that I could borrow her juicer (which is a Kenmore) and I may take her up on it while I do my reset just to compare between the smoothie and juicer.

So here is my meal plan for the day. I am out of english muffins so I need to switch it up a bit.

Breakfast- quick oats with cocoa, real maple syrup, and cinnamon, a hard boiled egg and some turkey
Lunch-  I will be making a celery, grape tomatoes, granny smith apple, almond, lemon juice
Dinner- Probably some turkey and a cheese stick

 What are your plans for the day? Anyone else planning on doing a juice reset?

Tip of the Day:
This is a great list to take with you to the grocery store showing which foods to buy organic.






No comments:

Post a Comment