Saturday, January 26, 2013

Playing in Moms Closet

So when you were little did you ever play dress up in your mom's closet?

Put on her makeup?

Her high heels?

Well after losing weight, that is sort of what I feel like I am doing in MY closet.

Trying on clothes.

Do they fit?

Are they loose?

So yesterday I was upstairs in my closet sort of digging thru it. And I decided to try on the dress from my sisters wedding.

Remember how I was counting down the days trying to fit into it post tornado? How at first I couldnt zip it up?

How I was finally able to fit into it but it was tight- even for the wedding day.

Well...this is what it looked like yesterday:


I have a good couple inches on the side of my dress now- especially in the bust area. If I were to wear this again (which I had planned on) I would need to be cautious about my boobs falling out. LOL.

And I tried on this dress too:


I have to say I LOVE this dress. I wish the "After" picture did my weight loss more justice. It is hard to see in front of the dark pants that are in the background. I bought this dress years ago for something (I dont remember why) but have gotten my wear out of it. I wore it for my cousins wedding, other peoples weddings, galas, etc. Basically ANY formal function when I was heavy. I always just felt so slender in it. Now the "Before" photo in October was actually AFTER I had started losing some weight. AND I had this dress taken IN a couple inches on each side for the wedding I wore this to! I remember looking at this wedding picture and thinking that I looked SO skinny in the picture!

I am not quite sure why I havent been able to get rid of this dress. It was at the very back of my closet when I pulled it out. All of my other things I have pulled out and donated. But this? It still has a hold on me. I am thinking it is time to pass it on though.

Do you still have clothes that you are keeping that are way too big for you now? Or do you have clothes that you have outgrown that you keep hoping to fit back into?

Onto my recap for Friday-

I went to the gym and ran an easy 3 miles at 5.0mph. I even kicked up the incline to 1.0 to try to raise my heartrate up a bit more. My stomach was feeling fine with no cramping.

Then Zumba. I was doing great until towards the end. The fatigue and cramps started to set in...hmmmm...maybe I shouldnt have run before. I ended it taking it pretty easy towards the end with no jumping because every time I jumped it felt like a knife in the gut.

Then after Zumba I walked a mile at 3.0. Nice and easy. Eric was running a few behind so I just strolled to keep my heartrate raised up just a bit higher than resting. So 4 miles total for the evening.

When it came time to work with Eric, I told him we should limit the core work because of the cramping. He decided that we would work on my shoulders pretty hard and then at the end do a bit of chest and back work. And thats what we did. We did overhead presses with squats between each one...(over head press, sit on the bench, over head press, stand up, repeat). Then we did some upright rows. Then we did some moved to work on my shoulder and really strengthen them. Then we moved and went and did some regular rows and flys on a machine. And then Eric introduced me to a new move. It is called the Turkish Get Up.

Here is a video of it from you tube. Eric showed me a couple times and had me do this move with a 10 lb kettlebell. The girl in the video has her leg out to the side further than what I did. I had mine bent and my other one straight out. He said he was impressed with how quickly I picked it up. He said usually he has to show the move 3-4 times. We added this move into our circuit between the rows and the flys. It is an AWESOME move. Works legs, butt, core, obliques, shoulders, arms. Eric says he has a 35 lb kettlebell that he uses at home. If he can do each side once, he is done. My goal while Eric is gone is to be able to do this move with a 20 lb kettlebell at least one time each side.

I was exhausted by the time we were done last night. I was extremely lucky. Eric had his 7:30 and his 8:00 appts cancel so he was able to work longer with me. I hope he sort of sees me as a pet project. Like play-doh to see what he can form me into. LOL. And I do have to say that both he and I admired my shoulders and arms last night. :)

I ended up burning 1387 calories at the gym in almost 3 hours. Whew.
I have a feeling that his wife is going to go into labor this weekend so I am just planning on being on my own next Mon and Wed. If I am not, then bonus for me...but his wife is 3cm dialated and 70% effaced. This is their second child so my gut is that it is going to be this weekend.

This morning I weighed in at 155.0. 1 freakin pound from goal! From being in the "Normal" BMI category. Aaron and I were sitting here talking about BMI and he wondered what his was, so I looked it up. Then he asked out of curiosity what my BMI was before I started to lose weight. WELL I was 268 lbs and I am 5'6" tall. My starting BMI was 43.3. Obesity is 30 or higher. As of today my BMI is 25. One pound drops me into the 24.9 which is the normal category.

Today I plan on running. I am hoping to run 10 miles but it will all depend on my stomach. So somewhere between 6-10 will be good. I plan on going at an easy 5.0 mph to work on distance. I am hoping to go to K's house to get er done.

Then tomorrow will be my rest day. I might do my P90X stretch dvd or yoga. We shall see how I feel after my run tonight.

Have a great Saturday everyone!

Tip of the Day:  Again from Juicing Vegetables on Facebook. I just LOVE learning about vegetables and their good health properties.

6 Amazing Benefits of Celery!!

1. Good for your teeth

Natural fibers in celery can help your teeth clean. Celery like apples is packed with Vitamin C which helps fight inflammation in your gums.

2. Good bacteria

The human body is composed of billions of bacteria cells. The good bacteria in your body loves eating celery and other greens. Think about it this way, anything you eat from now on you are not feeding yourself you are feeding an army of good bacteria cells that want to keep you healthy. :) (I knew you would like that one.)

3. Antioxidants and vitamins

Celery is a functional food. Celery leaves are rich source of flavonoid antioxidants such as zeaxanthin, lutein and beta- carotene, which have anti-oxidant, anticancer, and immune-boosting functions. (Nutrition and You)
It’s also good source of vitamin-A. Vitamin-A and beta-carotene are natural flavonoid antioxidants. Vitamin A is also required for maintaining healthy mucus membranes and skin, and for vision. Consumption of natural foods rich in flavonoids helps body to protect from lung and oral cavity cancers. (Nutrition and You)
Celery is also rich in many vital vitamins including folic acid (provides 9% of RDA), riboflavin, niacin and vitamin-C, which are essential for optimum metabolism. (Nutrition and You)
Fresh celery is an excellent source of vitamin-K, provides about 25% of DRI. Vitamin-K help increase bone mass by promoting osteotrophic activity in the bones. It also has established role in Alzheimer’s disease patients by limiting neuronal damage in the brain. (Nutrition and You)

4. Anti-inflammatory Effects

Celery also contains apigenin. Apigenin is a flavonoid that may help stop tumor growth. It’s also under study for it’s anti-inflammatory effects.

5. Phthalides

Have you ever heard people say that celery is high in sodium? Well you might be surprised because even though celery does have natural sodium  which is a concern for people with high blood pressure – celery actually helps lower blood pressure due to a compound called phthalides. These compounds are believed to lower blood pressure by reducing the body’s hormone levels that constrict blood vessels and therefore increase blood pressure (Barone et. al, 2002).

6. Soluble fiber

Celery is also high in soluble fiber. Even when you juice celery  soluble fiber is still present in the juice! Celery leaves are great as well, they are high in potassium and vitamin C.

 Celery Juice Recipes

2 comments:

  1. When I did my closet cleanup last year after losing weight I was crying half the time because I couldn't believe I had let myself go so badly. Its funny you mentioned the celery, I was bought some thinking I should start eating it again. One pound to goal, that is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's nothing left of my fat clothes, just 1 or 2 pair of jeans for proof.

    Way to go at the gym. I just don't get the Turkish get up! The object is to keep the bell from moving?

    ReplyDelete