Monday, January 21, 2013

Continuing on...

Well, well well...

Guess what I woke up to this morning?

My "aunt" deciding to visit.

I guess that helps explain for a little bit of the cravings and water retention huh?

ANYWAYS...

Yesterday was a great day.

For breakfast I had my ab juice but instead of cucumber (because I was out) I used celery.  Then I had an english muffin with PB and my hard boiled egg.

Lunch was celery, scallions and hummus with hot sauce. I did have some almonds as well.

Dinner was with Aarons mom and brother. I had a big salad with sprouts, carrots, tomatoes, cucumbers a couple of croutons and about a tablespoon of Marzettis light blue cheese dressing and a Boca burger on a whole wheat bun with tomato, lettuce, mayo and sauteed veggies. The veggies were peppers, mushrooms, onions and jalepenos. It was SO yummy!! Dessert was fresh fruit.

Thats what I had. This is what I stayed away from: soft pretzels, tiny weenies, regular burgers, cheese, bratwurst, baked beans, cupcakes and cookies. I would say I did pretty good.

Now normally I rest on Sundays BUT with my bad eating the day before I knew I wanted to work out.

SO I messaged K to see if she was home to use her treadmill. She hadnt responded by the time I was dressed and ready so I started off on the elliptical. I asked Aaron to please listen to see if I get a text saying to come over.

Well I was over half way thru my run on the elliptical (I had scheduled an hour) before Aaron came down say that K had texted me back saying come over. So I jumped off the elliptical and headed to her place before thinking "duh I should have checked to see how far I had run". Dang it. I know I was over 2 miles in so for purposes of my log, I am going to say 2 miles.

Then at K's house I ran intervals between 5 mph-6mph. After 3 miles I ran between 5mph-4mph-5.5mph to 6mph. Just mixing it up depending on the song that came on my iPod. I ended up doing another 4.5 miles at her house. Not kidding. Calories burned between the elliptical and the treadmill: 1085.

So a total of 6.5 miles last night and I am not even sore. This makes me VERY tempted to try to run about 10 miles or so on the treadmill one day to see how I do and if I can keep a 5mph pace. My goal is to finish a half in under 2:30 this year. This means I am going to have to run it about 5.5 mph to accommodate water stops and bathroom breaks.

This morning I weighed in at 160.0. Still 2 lbs up but I think some water retention has to do with it.

Tonight is the gym for legs so I should get a good workout. My plan is to run for an hour and hopefully get in 5 miles. Then work my legs and then walk to stretch them out.
 Here is my meal plan for the day:
Breakfast- modified ab juice (replacing the cucumber and lemon with celery and a lime), english muffin with PB and a hard boiled egg
Lunch- celery, scallions and hummus (I am taking the kids to the library to see Ice Age and they will be handing out popcorn there too. My plan is to stay away from it)
Dinner- Peanut butter cookie Larabar (1/2 before working out, 1/2 after) and some string cheese. Probably some orange juice as well.

I am hoping to be back in the 150's tomorrow. That is my goal. But it is Monday and I have a good week planned out. I will get there again and hopefully be closer to my goal the end of this week then I was the end of last week!

Tip of the Day:  Instead of a tip today, I wanted to give you something motivational. I hope this helps to start your Monday off right.


5 comments:

  1. I love how you did elliptical and hauled your butt to the treadmill! Way to go :)

    Hope you have a fab week.

    Hugh Jackman was a better singer than Russell Crowe :) lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you have a fab week as well! Thanks for the kudos! And I forgot Russell Crowe was in it. I can see that he wouldnt be the best singer. LOL.

      Delete
  2. I thought of you this weekend. Why? Because our local grocery store was completely out of broccoli. I mean really? OUT OF BROCCOLI? Who eats that much broccoli? It is the ONLY veggie I eat and they were out. Reedick. Way to go - you rock!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe! So touched you thought about me even if it was over Broccoli. LOL. Always ask if they are out. Sometimes they just havent had time to restock. Seems like a weird thing to be out of though. Broccoli? Really?

      Delete