Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year, New Me, New Beginning!

Happy 2013 everyone!

I hope this year brings you everything you work for and desire!!

Yesterday I did work out at home. I did 45 minutes of Zumba abs and core work. I didnt burn much (247 calories) but my abs were sore.

Then later on I did an hour on the elliptical and some more core work. I burned 590 calories.

I ate fine during the day BUT I knew I was going to gain weight that evening from alcohol bloat.

Aaron ended up running out to Buffalo Wild Wings and got me traditional mango habenero wings, himself teriaki wings, and we split an order of parmesan garlic chicken flatbread. We didnt end up eating until about 9pm and we were starving by that time!

Then to drink I had wine mixed with Sierra Mist for a spritzer of sorts. I had a few of those and I made Aaron a drink that was Sierra Mist, orange pineapple juice and whipped cream vodka. Yummy!

So no surprise today that even though I had less wings than I had planned on, that I gained weight. 2lbs to be exact. BUT my stomach doesnt look bloated. It looks nice and lean and thin. And my abs hurt something awful! Weight today: 169.5. Still in the 160's.

So to me it was a good way to start the year. Do I like the weight gain? No. But do I know that I will get the weight back off? Yes. So no big deal.

Today Penni and family and K are coming over. I am making (having) spiral ham, green bean casserole, chips and salsa, cookies, veggies and hummus, wine. K is bringing beer. Penni is bringing mac and cheese for the kids and she *thinks* pumpkin muffins.

Good thing is, I dont care for ham or green bean casserole so I will be sticking mainly with veggies.

Everyone is coming over about noon. The kids can play, ladies can chat and visit and boys can watch football.

THEN tonight!!

Dont know if you have a Lovers Lane in your area or not, BUT they are having a 50% off sale EVERYTHING in the store today.

If you are new to my blog, you probably dont know that when we moved to this house over a year ago that someone stole ALL of my clothes out of our garage. I mean all my underwear, shirts, socks, dresses, everything!!  So I have slowly been replacing things. It ended up being a good thing but I lost some things that I really liked and couldnt replace. Well the other day I went to get something slinky and cute on for my husband and I forgot I no longer had that outfit anymore. So this sale is PERFECT!!

The sale is from 12-6 in store only so I figured that if I go about 4:30 we will have time to shop for an hour. I messaged Penni and K to see if they wanted to go and while K hasnt responded, Penni said she is in. Should be a nice way to ring in the new year with the hubby. Bow chicka bow wow....LOL.

So thats what I am up to today. Do you have a new year party today? Or are you starting back into the gym today??

What are your new year resolutions? I would love to hear them!

Tip of the day: I will soon be starting a juice fast and want to share some of the recipes I will be trying with you! I "liked" a Facebook page called Juicing Vegetables and they have some great recipes.



3 comments:

  1. Now THAT's the way to start a new year...with a great sale-lol!!! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stole all your clothes?!? Oh no :( Crazy!

    2013: already signed up for my second half marathon, keep up with my running, continue with my healthy lifestyle....with a cupcake/cookie/chocolate/birthday cake of course/ and any other treats I may want...just to balance it all out. I said healthy lifestyle, not crazy lifestyle ;) LOL.

    I'll be getting on the treadmill later this afternoon....run, some interval sprints, and some incline work. Husband has two of the kids at the movies, the middle two are at Grandma's house helping take down the Christmas village, and I'm rocking a sleeping baby boy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Started the morning off with a mile in 8:20 and a mile and a half walk. Then we went to see The hobbit. the rest of today and tomorrow will be spent prepping for our trip!!! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete