Friday, February 24, 2012

Restaurant Recap

I had a great day yesterday.

Besides the one bummer of the boys being sick (their fevers are gone finally and they just have a nasty cough now) it was very pleasant.

Yesterday morning I did P90X yoga. Nice stretching and no problems (which I said yesterday) and burned 342 calories.

Last night I had a really nice dinner with my friend Melissa at Max and Erma's. It was a pleasant evening and it was so nice to be able to talk to someone about everything I am going through right now. Life for us is rough at the moment but we are working through it. It was funny that on the way to the restaurant, I heard a new to me song on the radio- "what doesnt kill you makes you stronger".

Anyways, we switched restaurants from the one that we were originally going to go to, so this is what I ordered.

I ordered the Cajun burger (which has caramelized onions and jalapeno cheese). I asked if I could get a grilled chicken breast with the seasonings instead. YES. I asked for no cheese and no mayo or what ever they put on it YES. I asked if instead I could get avocado and jalapeno slices. YES. And as my side, I had a small garden salad with a bit of olive oil and vinegar. The waiter messed up a bit and put guacamole on my sandwich instead of avocado but no big deal. There wasn't a ton on it so I wasn't worried about the extra calories. Also on the sandwich was lettuce and tomato. Yum!

I immediately dug into the salad and cut my sandwich in half. I pulled the breadstick that came with the salad off and set it to the side. I ate my entire salad and half of my sandwich. It was really really good and I told the waiter they should add it to the menu. It had excellent flavor and lots of spice. Capsacian (spelling is wrong on this, I am sure) that is found in hot peppers helps to burn calories you know.

I also had water with dinner. No soda or alcohol. Just plain ice water.

I got a To Go box and brought the other half of my sandwich home along with my breadstick.

And even though it was late (9pm), I went upstairs and changed into my work out gear and hit the elliptical for 45 minutes. Total calories burned from that: 458 calories.

And I went to bed tired.  And I slept good.

This morning I weighed myself (of course) and I stayed the same at 163.0. I couldn't be happier. I went out to eat and didn't gain. 

Today on my schedule is P90X legs, back and abs. Normally I go to Zumba and CX tonight, but the school is having a fundraiser pizza and dance party and I am in charge of decorations. So I will be up at the school at 5 tonight and then at 8 for clean up. I wanted to go to the party but because the boys are sick, I will just go and set up and come home then go back for tear down.

I will do P90X legs, back and abs in a little bit here and then I will run on the elliptical again tonight once I get home from tear down.

Tip of the Day:






5 comments:

  1. You did have a good day, and I know that it can feel so good to be disciplined with your food, especially in a restaurant. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sandwich sounds really good! They should name it after you! "Fit Mom's Spicy Chicken Sammie" YAY!

    ReplyDelete