Saturday, February 18, 2012

I'm Back Baby!

Last night I hit the gym because:
1. with the exception of my blocked ears, I feel fine
2. I am going nuts not working out!!!

I belong to a group on Facebook called 2 miles a day in 2012 and everyone kept talking about ARC training. I had no idea what that was except that everyone kept raving about it.

Yesterday when I went to the gym I found out that we indeed have ARC trainers there. They are a cross between a stepper and an elliptical. Non impact, gliding like an elliptical, but steps are high like a stepper.

It is awesome!!! I was on it for 21 minutes before Zumba class and I burned a little over 222 calories. I say a little over because I thought I started my heart rate monitor and it didnt start so I was a couple minutes in already when I caught it.

After that was Zumba. And it wasn't a problem for me. I thought that my ears may hurt but it had no affect. I had to stop between songs and wipe my face down though because I didn't want sweat getting into my ears. LOL.

All in all, my workout last night with ARC and Zumba totaled 905 calories burned. Woo hoo!
ANNNDDDD... this morning I was back down to 167.5 lbs. Yesterday morning I weighed in at 170 so not too bad!

I know I keep saying that I don't have a "goal weight" and that I would be happy being a size 6 and a muscular 180...BUT really I would LOVE to get back down into the 150's. My lowest weight ever was 159 and once we sold our house and moved in with the in-laws while we were all in transition, I went back up into the 160's. Once I started lifting, I went up to 170. Which is fine. But once I got back down into the 160's, I realized how much it would mean to get into the 150's.

So now today I am going to head back into the gym and do 1 hour on the ARC. The gals on Facebook gave me some suggestions for incline and resistance and I cant wait to try it out. You burn so many more calories on the ARC than what you do with regular running.

Tonight I will be making dinner at Aarons grandmas house. Spaghetti squash, regular spaghetti and sauce for those who dont like spaghetti squash, my sauteed veggies of red peppers, garlic, onions, tomatoes, spinach and mushrooms which I will top on my squash, and also grilled chicken breast. And for dessert: rice krispies. Yummy!!

Tomorrow will be my day of rest and then Monday I will be back in my workouts full force. I think the only one that I will need to take it easy with is Yoga because my ears hurt a bit when I bent over and my head went below my heart.

Woo hoo! I am back baby!

Tip of the Day:

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the arc trainer. You've never seen them used on Biggest Loser? I use the weight-loss program most days. If you hit "programs" it's the first one. Hit "OK" or "enter" by the number pad and then it will ask for level, time and weight. I can do level 3 or 4 for 45 minutes then drop back down to level 1 for another 45. It's an awesome TOTAL body workout. Try letting go of the handles and feel your abs engage!!! HARDCORE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha. I didnt know how the levels were and I did level 9 today for 30 minutes. Ouch. LOL. I was really squeezing my butt to get a good work out.

    ReplyDelete