Friday, March 22, 2013

Mindfulness and Girl Crush

Morning y'all!

First let me start off by saying my workouts rocked yesterday.

I ended up running one mile and then walking another for warm up yesterday in the AM. I didnt want to run the whole thing and have my legs spent for the evening. Good decision on my part.

Then I worked with Eric on upper body. We did chest presses and spiderman push ups for one circuit. Then tricep dips (on the machine), laying down tricep presses using a weight and then a static exercise where you squeeze a balance ball to all hell for 30-40 seconds. OUCH! That was another circuit. Then we moved onto abs. I did an elevated scissor kick, then twists using a weighted bar and then kettlebell swings. It was a great workout. Not super high cardio but I burned 477 calories in the hour.

Then that evening I went back and worked on my shoulders. When I was done with that it was time for RPM+. Oh man! It was insane! Over 65 minutes of hard core bust it out fast paced cycling.

Calories burned in the PM at the gym: 731

My eating was insane yesterday. Not in a bad way, but in a way that I was always hungry yesterday.

I didnt eat any junk. Just good for me stuff but man!

It was funny because I had made a comment on facebook about being hungry all day and that I had just eaten a bowl of oatmeal and half a banana. Eric yelled at me on it saying I have to feed my muscles a well balanced meal. Well that morning at the gym he said to eat some oatmeal before RPM. Man!

So when I saw him between shoulders and RPM he asked me what I had eaten. This is what I told him:

Breakfast was my pancake thing with blueberries and my wheatgrass. Then after the AM gym I had a protein shake. Then for lunch I had a half a can of tuna, scallions, celery and hummus. Then for snack I had a Larabar. Then before leaving for the gym I had some roast beef, oatmeal (3/4 cp uncooked) and a half a banana. I think I had a pretty well rounded meal as far as protein goes.

He laughed and said he was trying to help. He thought that when I said I was still hungry that I had skipped a meal. ROFL. Ah no.

So then he told me that when I go home to eat some more. Finish my tuna. It is an easily digested protein.

So I did. Dinner was my half can of tuna, some roasted red pepper hummus and some pretzels.

Then I had my casein shake.

And I wasnt stuffed.

This morning I woke up at 159.0. It wasnt from what I ate. And I burned over 1000 calories yesterday so it wasnt because I had too many calories . My only assumption can be that it is muscles. Hey! I will take that!

But I do have to say that I am having a very hard time with weight going up. I know I said it yesterday and I will probably keep saying it. But as my weight creeps, I am starting to have nightmares. Seriously. Of me gaining the weight back. Ridiculous I know, but nightmares just the same. It isnt an eating disorder...I had over 1600 calories yesterday...but maybe more of an obsession. I am just so mindful of what I have been eating and I have been working so hard to get to a certain weight that it is hard to see the numbers go back up. My clothes still fit fine and everything...I just feel like my head isnt to where I want it to be yet. My body knows what I am trying to do and it is responding...my brain hasnt caught up from the "we are trying to LOSE weight, not GAIN" mentality.

NicoleWilkins
I know what I want...I want to look like Dana Linn Bailey...or Nicole Wilkins...bodybuilder and fitness competitors...This is my ultimate goal... So I may have to put the scale a way for a while. I really want to chronicle this journey which is why I still am doing the daily weigh ins. I want to show with my pictures that I can weigh more but be smaller and fitter. But man...this is screwing with my head!

      
Dana Linn Bailey

And I have a HUGE crush on Dana Linn. One of the other instructors at the gym turned me onto her and I just love her. I know she looks SUPER built in the photo I posted...and she is. But when she isnt working out, she looks softer...but still well defined. Slowly I am getting there. It is a marathon and not a race and I have to keep reminding myself of that. And I know it will take a while for my brain to catch up too. Hopefully when I post new progress pictures and I see that things are firming but I am weighing more, I will know I am on the right track.

So today I dont have much on the docket. Just Zumba tonight. And because I need to get to the gym SO EARLY to sign up for class, I will probably do my abs and my calves today.

And I am cutting back the calories a bit today because I am obviously not working out like my Thursday.

So here is what is on the docket today for my food...as of right now...

Breakfast. Oatmeal with flaxseed, blueberries and applesauce. 2 hard boiled eggs. Wheatgrass juice
Lunch: half a can of tuna (or roast beef), celery, scallions, hummus, 2 hard boiled eggs
Dinner: clementine and tuna
Snack before gym: cheese stick
Snack before bed: casein shake

That puts me at 1120 calories for the day. Goal is 1210 so I have some wiggle room PLUS I will be burning at the gym.

OHHH and I forgot to tell you all yesterday. I bought my first pair of skinny pants. I went to Kohls the other day to pay my bill and to wait to Dicks to open to get lifting straps and I was looking at the clearance rack. And there they were. A pair of pleather Vera Wang pants in a size 8. Oh baby. I thought...what the heck...I will try them on. And I found a really cute pink loose top on the clearance rack as well. Vera Wang again. I found some other things to try on as well but they were a yeah no or didnt fit sort of thing. And these pants...they slid right up. Not too tight but then again, they hug the curves because they are a skinny pant. And with the top I look oh so cute. They were mine! The pants? $10! For Vera. The shirt? $7. For Vera. The outfit cost less than $20. I would say that that was a great deal. I cant wait to wear them.

I was going to tomorrow night for my friends birthday BUT we are going bowling and somehow I just dont see the rocker/pleather pant look going well with bowling shoes...

Tip of the Day: I hate to keep harping on this, but this stuff is SO bad for you!!


1 comment: