Friday, March 8, 2013

I'm Gonna Gnaw Something!

I swear to all that is Holy, that whatever is now going on with my body is INSANE!!

Yesterday, seriously, I felt like a pig that devoured everything in its wake. Seriously. Ravenously hungry.

As in I havent felt hungry like this since I was pregnant. ALL. THE. TIME!

Wanna know what I ate? Here is my list...

Breakfast- 3 hard boiled eggs, an english muffin with PB.

9am I was hungry again but I was at mother f-ing Comcast waiting until those lazy people open up at 10 am....SO...

10:30 snack- coffee and some of my natural cookies

Lunch 11:30- 2 stalks celery, 3 scallions, 3 pieces roast beef, half a can of tuna, 2 hard boiled eggs, hummus

Snack- more of those raw cookies

Snack- Peanut Butter cookie bar before the gym (about 3)

Snack AT the gym- cheesestick

Dinner- pretzels, hummus, tuna, Eat your Vegetable chips, roast beef, coconut water

Pre dinner "snack"- My casein shake.

Workout was: 5 minutes walking at the gym, then about 30 min of yoga and stretching. Then I went and worked with Eric. We did bench presses, dips, incline presses, tricep pull downs, flys and a couple other things. We also went over what I am going to do tonight...but I will get to that in a minute.

Then it was bonus night RPM. And instead of a 45 minute class, he does an hour. My oh my... Last week he did Push the Tempo two times back to back...this week he did 3 interval tracks back to back. Ugh. A great burn though and I burned 1043 calories while at the gym.

I did ask him about my hunger. He said that with cardio training your metabolism is suspended for a short while after working out but returns to normal. With weight training, your metabolism is increased hours past your workout and your body is burning thru fuel faster. He said that is why weightlifters eat like 5000 calories a day. Hm. Didnt think about that.

And I guess it proves a point. Yesterday I know I went WAY over my "allowed" calorie intake and I still lost a pound. Down to 153.0. I dont weigh myself anymore because I need to lose weight but more to just chronicle and out of curiosity.  In fact, Eric told me that my weight will probably start going back up with the weight training but that the clothes will become looser...and I am ok with that.


So onto what is going on for me today...

I am meeting my girlfriend A with Penni for lunch. A is pregnant and is due within a week or so and we havent seen her since she moved out of the 'hood. So we will be hitting Red Brick for lunch. After that I need to run over to school to meet with a group of us that is doing a presentation for the school board on how the tornado affected us and our children for Early On Education. Next Friday will be a year since the tornado.

Then it will be off to get Xavier and home to play with them for a bit before heading to the gym.

Tonight at the gym will be a 5 minute walk with an incline of 10, speed 4.0. Then I will do lifting for my shoulders and 4 minutes of abs. Eric gave me a great ab circuit for me to do tonight. 20 seconds forearm plank, 2 seconds plank position but raising a leg and an arm and then alternating, and then 20 second v-up hold. Repeat 4 times. Ouch. After that will be Zumba and then Zumba practice with Maggie in which I will dial the energy back.

Here is my food log for the day as I am planning it for right now:
Breakfast- 3/4 cup oatmeal, 1/4 cup applesauce, cinnamon and blueberries...then 3 hard boiled eggs
Lunch- Red Brick black bean burger hopefully on a lettuce bun with a side salad and hummus.
Snack- Larabar pre gym*
Dinner- hummus, pretzels, clementine, tuna, cheese stick
Bedtime- Casein shake

*Note: Eric told me he wants me to cut out the Larabars and stick with natural food. Though this bar is "clean" it is still processed. I told him I was trying to find an "energy" type bar to have before the gym that didnt have all the shit in it and this was the best one. So because I just bought a bunch of them, I will eat them until they are gone. After that, I will cut them out and instead have a hard boiled egg pre gym with some hummus.

Right now as it stands, this is about 1510 calories according to MyFitnessPal. 300 calories OVER my daily allotment. Now I KNOW I will burn that extra 300 calories off at the gym but it will still be interesting to see what my weight does tomorrow.

I just finished my breakfast of oatmeal and eggs which should be really filling and already I am hungry again. Ha. Go figure. Eric said if I get hungry he wants me to eat veggies and hummus.

Ok I am off to gnaw on something...

Tip of the Day:


1 comment:

  1. Great job! It has been proven that people who eat 60% of their calories before 3 pm lose more weight than those that don't. It follows the "Eat like a king at breakfast, a prince at lunch and a pauper at dinner" rule. It's hard when I like to eat a nice dinner!

    ReplyDelete