Friday, February 1, 2013

January Stats and February Challenge





















Hey Everyone! Here is a new challenge for February if anyone is interested in doing it. I posted the challenge on my FB fitness page as well. I think there are quite a few of us that are going to do it.

Also now that January is done, I thought I would go over how I did for the month.

Starting weight Jan 1st was 169.5
Ending weight Jan 31 was 155.0

Total loss of  14.5 lbs!!

Running:
For the month, between elliptical, running outside and on the treadmills, I ran a total of 119.31 miles! Holy Cow!

Ok so onto last night.

The gym had a screw up. Initially they said that last night was now going to be Combat instead of RPM while Eric was gone. Well ok. I thought I would give it a go. Combat is like martial arts. I thought maybe this is what my body needs to mix it up and finally lose the one pound til goal.

Then Eric let me know that it was a screw up. Which is good. I think lots of us may have revolted if that was going to be the new Thursday schedule until Eric came back.

So I didnt get an early start like I hoped from home. I got a late start. Aaron made it all the way in to his office yesterday but then had traffic and weather to contend with coming home.

So by the time I got to the gym it was 45 minutes til class and I could sign right up.

I ended up just doing an easy 3.5 miles because I knew I would be working my legs more in spinning. I also did my song technique and put the towel over the readout and said that I wouldnt check my progress til song 9. By then I had just under 3 miles in.

Nina did a great job teaching RPM. She isnt as technical as Eric but she did a LOT of really good old school songs that made it fun. A lot of them I had never even done before which makes it refreshing too.

All in all, I burned 944 calories last night.

I stayed on track all day with my eating yesterday too but when I got home I added a few extra things. Some of the gluten free, multi-seed crackers, a smidge of chex mix that my FIL made (its a weakness. I love his chex mix), some coconut water, my orange juice, cheese stick and my regular clementine.

This morning I weighed in at 154.5. Now normally I would be happy with a loss. But really? The scale is KILLING me! LOL. Half pound til goal. Really? Ugh.

Here is my plan of attack for tonight.
Tonight is my Zumba class. Normally I would run before hand. This time I think I am going to switch it up and see if I can confuse my body a bit.

I will start off by running to get the heart rate up. If I get to the gym 45 minutes before class, I will run for 25 minutes. I am going to challenge myself and try running at 6.0-6.5 intervals.

Then I am going to do some kettlebell work. Some squats with them and maybe use the BOSU ball. Get day one of my challenge done.

Then do Zumba. Afterwards I may run again. Not sure. I will have to see how I feel.

Today for my meals:
Breakfast: Ab juice, English muffin with PB, hard boiled egg
Lunch: celery and hummus, pretzels, peanut butter, hard boiled egg
Dinner: string cheese and clementine

I am cutting out the apple from lunch today to see if the reduced sugar and increased protein help me burn that last pound at the gym tonight. Sort of an experiment and we shall see.

Have a great Friday everyone!!

Tip of the Day:

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It is a FB page. Same title of my blog here. A New Beginning- My Journey to Avoid the Knife. There I just post little snipets here or there. Some motivational stuff, a question of the day (sort of like my tip of the day here). You can ask to join it and I can add you but I can only add people who request.

      Delete