Thursday, February 7, 2013

Super Fast Update

Morning everyone!!

I want to give a quick recap of yesterday and what is on my schedule today. Today happens to be jam packed so get ready to hold onto your shorts.

Yesterday I stayed on track with eating with the exception of dinner. Normally after I workout I have a piece of string cheese and a Clementine. Well I was out of clementines. So I thought I would have an apple and PB. I went to grab one and my husband had had the last one. How frustrating! So instead I had some 5 grain crackers, a little bit of roast beef and a cheese stick. I did however stay away from the frozen pizza and popcorn chicken hubby made last night. Victory for me.

At the gym I ran 3.1 miles at 6.2mph. Then I recovered and walked the rest until 4.0 miles. After that I was on my own for working out. I did rows, I did band work, I did wood choppers, I did twists, and I did tricep pull downs and all sorts of other things. Then I did something crazy and decided to stick around for kickboxing. I normally dont do this class but I thought "what the heck, I am here" so I signed up. Along with kickboxing moves with kicks and punches, she has you do a TON of fricken jumping jacks. UGH!!

After that class I was done. Spent. Wiped.

Calories burned:1254. Not as much as I would have thought but with the weight lifting, my heart rate didnt get up very high. I purposefully didnt do much cardio while I lifted knowing I would need reserves to get me thru class.

This morning I weighed in at 157.5. Not bad. 1.5 lbs gone.

Onto what I have going on today. Getting the boys off to school. Then I am going to the gym. There is a Zumba class now on Thursdays at 9:30 that I can make while both the kids are in school.

Then I come back, get Landry, take him to speech (hopefully I dont smell too bad). Then it is home to get him lunch and to bed for a nap. Yesterday he didnt take one but I am hoping he will today. I really want a nap. LOL.

Then it is up to get Xavier from school. Then I leave for the gym again at 6. Do some more running and then have RPM. Whew. And I still need to figure out how to get to the grocery store in there somewhere for basics like milk, eggs, apples, clementines, oatmeal (my husband dumped almost the entire huge container this morning. What a mess!), cereal etc.

And to top it all off, we are supposed to get a winter storm tonight. 4"-6" is predicted. Which means that I will probably be shoveling tonight as well!!

Lots of exercise today BUT yesterday I bought two bikinis, a size too small, so I am thinking that I need to kick things into high gear. Luckily I realized yesterday that I can work out at the gym with Eric next week on Tues and Thurs mornings while both boys are in school because he doesnt have to go back to work yet. Woo hoo!

I even messaged Eric letting him know I bought the bikinis too small so to bring it. He told me he hopes I hung onto the receipts because he things they will be big by summer. Hey I just want them to look good on!!

And come March I will be working with Eric 3 days a week instead of 2. We are ready to take it to the next level and really tone up.

Ok onto my meals for today which is a little different than normal due to going to the gym in the morning as well as the evening.

Breakfast: warm lemon water, hard boiled egg, Peanut Butter Cookie Larabar
Lunch: celery, hummus, a piece of peppered turkey and a small serving of my AB juice
Dinner: string cheese and hopefully a clementine if I can get to the store. Otherwise it will be a glass of orange juice.

You are probably wondering about the lemon water thing but that leads me into my Tip of the Day...
Have a great Thursday everyone!

Tip of the Day! From Juicing Vegetables on Facebook

Here are 7 reasons why you should start your day with 1 cup warm water and 1/2 lemon.

1. Immune Booster

Vitamin C is probably one of the easiest and fastest ways to boost your immune system.  Lemons are packed with vitamin C. Vitamin C also helps neutralize free radicals that are associated with aging and disease. Vitamin C is great for the skin as well. It helps decrease blemishes and acne. Drinking one cup of warm water and lemon everyday will dramatically decrease acne problems and wrinkles as well.
Since lemons are high in vitamins, toxins, unwanted minerals and other substances are pushed out from the body.
Lemons are also high in potassium. Potassium is especially important because it helps regulate blood pressure and is important for nerve function.

2. PH Balance

Drinking warm water and lemon helps you maintain an alkaline state. Even though lemon juice is acidic, it doesn’t create acidity in your body, it’s actually one of the most alkaline foods.

3. Liver Function

Lemon juice is amazing for liver function. Lemon juice promotes healthy liver function because it strengthens liver enzymes, regulates carbohydrate levels and increases the production of enzymes. Adding lemon juice (1/2 of  a lemon) to warm water and drinking it everyday works as a great liver detoxifier.

4. Blood Vessels

Lemons contain vitamin P (bioflavinoids) which prevent internal hemorrhage and thus is another great way to reduce blood pressure.

5. Cleans You Out and Aids in Digestion

Lemon juice like most fresh vegetable juices contain pectin fiber. Pectin fiber is a type of water soluble fiber that helps reduce LDL (bad) cholesterol levels. Another great thing about pectin is that it keeps you feeling full and reduces cravings.

6. Natural Diuretic

Lemon juice and warm water also help increase the rate of urination. This is great because toxins and other harmful substances are pushed out of your body, leaving your body in a alkaline state.

7. Hydration of Lymph System

Warm water and lemon juice supports the immune system by hydrating and replacing fluids lost by your body. When your body is deprived of water, you can definitely feel the side effects, which include: feeling tired, sluggish, decreased immune function, constipation, lack of energy, low/high blood pressure, lack of sleep, lack of mental clarity and feeling stressed just to name a few.
When you have these symptoms it might mean that your adrenals are “fatigued.” Your adrenals function in secreting necessary hormones, regulating stress response, regulating blood pressure and much more. So keep your adrenals happy by staying hydrated.
 

2 comments:

  1. I tried the cinnamon/honey water yesterday and just couldn't do it! I will do the honey/cinnamon on toast, however. And I need to keep water by my bed to drink the moment I get up, since I hear that's a good thing. Lemon water will be a breeze compared to the 1st drink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God I wish I lived next door to you. I would work out with you every day and we'd be hot tomales!

    ReplyDelete