Thursday, December 6, 2012

RPM Thursday

After every time I get done working out with Eric I feel like a Badass! LOL.

Last night I got a late start to the gym because Aaron got stuck on the expressway for a while.

So I only got in 3 miles. I did surprise myself and was able to run at 7.0 for a quarter mile. Positive steps.

When I took it back down to 6.0 it felt like I was going at a snails pace. Surprisingly I was able to go for quite a while at 6.0.

I did bump it up again but then pretty quickly had to bump it back down to 5.5. Shortly after a mile I started to play with incline and bumped down the speed. I had to hang onto the treadmill for dear life because I set it at a 10 incline. LOL.

Finally I got in all 3 miles and it was time to work out with Eric. First he had me do chest presses on the bench. He took it easy on me with weight (at first) then bumped it up. The last set he had me do negative presses where the weight is REALLY heavy and you control it on the way down. Then he helped me (a smidge) lifting it back up. Whew! We also did single hand chest flys, dips, push ups using a bar (I cant do them on the ground...too much pressure on the shoulder) and one of my favorite new exercises. He had this HUGE rubberband that he tied around a machine and then put around my hips so I was inside of the band. Then I had to run, run, run to a medicine ball, touch the ball and control myself back. So much fun and what a challenge. We did circuits between that and the machines and on my final round of the rubberband I had to run to the ball, plant my feet, pick up the ball above my head and slam it down. It was MUCH harder than it sounds because I already had the band pulled taut. But I LOVED it.

I burned 694 calories in 1:17 last night. Not too bad.

When I got home I showered, had my left over tuna and a cheese stick. I also used my last belly wrap last night.

This morning I weighed in at 173.0. A half pound loss. Not as much as I expected but I think part of that has to do with the wrap. My belly usually bloats after I do them as it releases the toxins from the body. So I am hoping for a better loss tomorrow. Either way, my arms and chest are sore and I can see I am building muscle.

AND I tried on my favorite pair of jeans. You know, the ones with the sparkles on the butt. Last winter I posted a picture of me wearing a striped shirt with them and I was so happy that I had no more muffin top with them. WELL I am almost back to no muffin top with them! I could probably wear them out in public right now if I want.

I did try on my size 6 jeans and I could get them up and done up BUT I have major muffin spillage with them. LOL. My goal over the winter is to tighten up to be able to wear them again. It will happen.

Today is a busy day. Both the boys have school and then Landry has speech. While both are in school I need to get new brakes in my car. They are getting bad. Then I have to get Landry and take him to speech. While my brakes are getting done, K and I are going shopping. I will not be doing any buying though. After speech, is lunch, then nap. Tonight I have RPM with Eric. I am not going to go to Body Pump. I dont think my body needs it. My legs are still a bit sore from Monday and my upper body is sore from last night. SO my plan is to run for about 45 minutes or so. Then do RPM and then maybe some core sit ups using that ball thing again.

Here is what I am planning for the day to eat:

Breakfast- smoothie using just protein powder and no banana
Lunch- celery, scallions, roast beef, apple with peanut butter
Dinner- protein bar before RPM for the sugar. And a cheese stick when I get home. It will be about 9pm when I get home so I dont want to eat anything that late. Usually I am not hungry by then anyways.

Thats the news for now. Sorry this is sort of quick but I need to get everything around because I am off and running once I drop the boys off.

Tip of the Day:


1 comment:

  1. I wish I had the money to put away! Right now I'm scrounging my pennies!

    ReplyDelete