Monday, January 2, 2012

New Year, New Me!


Well it is the start of a new year and the start of a new routine for me.
I have been trying to incorporate the different "dietary" things into my daily life this past week so as to not shock the system all at once...ha!

Not only have I been drinking the fruit/spinach smoothies with flax seed, but I also started doing something that everyone should do...taking daily vitamins.

I guess I just got lazy, forgetful, whatever, over the course of the years and never incorporated them into my everyday routine. I would buy them then stick them in a cupboard and forget to take them.

Now I try to take them the same time every day. I also make sure Aaron takes them as well. I feel it is an important part making sure we have our necessary nutrients especially with our medical history.

Besides the standard multi-vitamin, I also have us take 2 capsules of fish oil. Very gross when you burp, but very good for the heart, memory and body.

My biggest challenge has been trying to keep up with the 3 meals, 2 snacks a day. However, my body definitely appreciates the change and has been burning the food much more efficiently. I have been able to loose a couple pounds without changing my diet at all!

Tonight I look forward to hitting the gym again. It has been since the Friday before Christmas that I have been there. Not only do I feel better after exercising, it has been a great way for me to socialize with adults. Something I dont get to do to much with Xavier and Landry running around. Ha! And my gym peeps have turned into a big family for me. Great inspiration!

This week will be a busy one. Taking down the Christmas decorations, hopefully some sledding with the boys, Body Pump, CX30, running, and shopping with my mom! All great ways to be active and burn calories! This weekend I will be getting the P90X from my mom and will be incorporating that next week. So keep reading to see how that goes for me!!

Todays recipe:
Blueberry Flat Belly Smoothie via Prevention Magazine

1 cp skim milk
1 cp frozen unsweetened blueberries
1 T cold pressed organic flaxseed oil

Place milk and frozen unsweetened blueberries in blender and blend for 1 minute. Transfer to glass, and stir in flaxseed oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment