Wednesday, January 11, 2012

What Inspires You?


A quick review of my workout yesterday before I get into my subject today.

I touched on my morning workout in yesterdays blog- P90X Plyometrics. Good workout. Not for the faint of heart or weak of knees.

Last night I went to the gym to do CX30 and Body Flow. I always like to warm up on the treadmill prior to working out. I had no intention of running at all- I just wanted to do a nice brisk walk. But its a funny thing- once you start running for workouts, walking just seems too slow. So I upped my speed and ran at 5mph which is pretty slow for me. I didnt want to kill myself before my classes.

CX was great. I have been noticing a huge improvement in my core. The sit ups are getting easier. Last night was the first time I was able to do side planks with both legs out. Granted, I couldn't raise my upper leg, but that will come. And I sweated a ton. Way more than normal. I don't know if it was from the sweaty humidity from the zumba class before us or not, but it felt good.

Body Flow was great. I left feeling very stretched and refreshed and calm.

Aaron texted me after he completed Plyometrics with a "Holy $h*#"! Ha. Today he said his arms are still sore from Monday but it is working into a full body ache.

Todays workout seems like a recovery day compared to yesterday. The only thing on the schedule is P90X's shoulders, arms and abs. When I told Aaron that we had more arm work in store (and probably more push ups) he responded with an UGH! Ha! I'm having fun with the work outs though. It is nice for something different.

Onto the main subject of today's post- What inspires you??

Its something different for everyone and it could be multiple things. Also, what inspires you may evolve as you and your body change.

For me, one thing that is inspiring is The Biggest Loser. I love that show! It inspires me to hear their stories and see their transformations. I used to watch it years ago when it first started. I was curious about it and yes it did inspire me. But not enough to take action with my own health. I stopped watching it about season 3 or so...and didnt start watching it again until I started to overhaul myself. Now I don't miss an episode. I have my DVR set to tape it every week. It is also a great thing to watch as you run on the treadmill or do the elliptical. Usually the show is 2 hours long and if you cover your read out on your machine, before you know it you have an hour of a workout done.

Another thing that inspires me (and its kinda silly) are the infomercials for zumba and P90X. The zumba infomercial is what got me off the couch and moving. And it was a huge part in my weight loss. Right now, I go online and look at the before and after pictures for P90X. I hope to have just a part of the toning that these people have from it!

Currently the thing that inspires me most is swimsuit season. I want to have a rocking body to be able to wear my bikini and wear it proudly. That is why I started on this whole journey I am doing right now.

So what I am asking from my readers (if I have any) is to post under comments what inspires you. It could be fitting into clothes that are currently too tight. It could be a person. It could be an event you are going to like a Reunion. It could be a tv show. It could be wanting to run your first 5k.

Lets put it out there. I find that when you see it in writing, it makes it more tangible and not only that, you will now have people that will help support you with your goals.

Tip of the day:
Instead of making one big goal (like "I want to lose 100lbs), focus on smaller more obtainable goals and reward yourself as you reach them. For example: I will lose 15lbs and when I do, I will buy that purse that I saw. It will help you to keep motivated to get that reward! Once you reach that one, set another one. Before you know it, you will be down that 100lbs you originally wanted to lose!

3 comments:

  1. What inspired me is seeing my future and realizing that it's going to be amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you whole heartedly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Biggest Loser! The marathon episode was a huge inspiration for me as well as the health issues I had and the fear of dying young, leaving my kids and husband behind.

    ReplyDelete