Friday, January 27, 2012

A WOW! Day

Yesterday I had a great work out.

I opted for a 20 minute quick walk on the treadmill on the "Fat Burn" setting instead of a run to give my joints a break. I have been noticing that my hip is popping a little and my joints are a little creaky. Rather than get injured, I decided to take it a little lighter.

Then I went to Body Pump. I love this class because I can go heavy on the weight where I want to, then lighter where I need to. It was a great time with some old school music.

After that was CXWorx and we did 3 new tracks and 3 old ones. Tonight Becca is going to do 4 new ones and 2 old ones. It is a nice change!

In total at the gym I burned 800 calories.

Last night as I was getting ready for bed I was slathering on my St. Ives Collagen Elastin lotion all over my belly and about fainted.

For the FIRST TIME EVER IN MY LIFE I could see my ribs and ribcage. Now I am not saying that I am getting too skinny or too thin (wait til next week when you see my pictures), just that as I moved, I could see the outline and definition.

And my arms are starting to look way excellent and have nice muscles to them. I will definitely post a picture of them soon! My triceps need work, but my biceps are getting killer.

They say it takes 4 weeks for you to notice a change. This is true! It has been almost 4 weeks since I have started to train insane (as I call it) and last night was the first night that I noticed a difference. Now I am starting to get very excited for picture day.

Then to top it all off, this morning when I stepped on the scale, I finally cracked 169. I know that I have been crazy training and a lot of it is turning to muscle. I get that. I always said I could weigh 200 lbs as long as I wore a size 8 or smaller. BUT it is nice to see the scale finally budge down to 168.5. I am happy with that. Between the new diet lifestyle, and the exercising, it is starting to pay off and show.

I couldn't be happier!

This morning I did P90X legs, chest, and abs. One of my favorite routines. I burned 535 calories.

Tonight brings running/walking (not sure which one yet), zumba and CXWorx.

What a great way to start the weekend! This is making me try even harder to get results.

Tip of the day: Has to do with the language used on a label

FATS
Fat Free- Less than 0.5 grams per serving
Low Saturated Fat- 1 gram or less per serving
Low Fat-3 grams or less per serving
Reduced Fat- At least 25% less fat than the regular version
Light in Fat- Half the fat than the regular version

CALORIES
Calorie Free- less than 5 calories per serving
Low Calorie- 40 calories or less per serving
Reduced or less calorie- at least 25% fewer calories than the regular version
Light or lite- half the fat OR a third less calories than the regular version

SODIUM
Sodium Free or Salt Free- less than 5 milligrams per serving
Very Low Sodium- 35 milligrams or less per serving
Low Sodium- 140 milligrams or less per serving
Low Sodium Meal- 140 milligrams or less per 3 1/2 ounces
Reduced or Less Sodium- at least 25% less sodium than the regular version
Light in Sodium- Half the sodium than the regular version
Unsalted or No Salt Added- No salt added to the product during processing

No comments:

Post a Comment