Friday, January 6, 2012

Sassy Water cont...



In yesterdays blog I mentioned how I had made a pitcher of the Sassy Water and was drinking it. The taste was interesting and got stronger as the day progressed and the water level in the pitcher decreased. It wasnt a bad taste...a strong lemon flavor with the cucumber flavor lingering at the end. I couldnt really taste the mint or ginger.

Anyways I digress... the purpose of the water is to clean you out and start you off on the Flat Belly Diet. You are supposed to drink 2L of the Sassy water every day for 4 days. I did one day as kinda of an experiment and kept to my normal diet.

Let me tell you- this drink does exactly as promised. I had about 3 glasses of the water and my stomach started to feel all rumbily. After leaving the bathroom lets just say I felt about 4 lb lighter! I felt great all day and it was nice to be drinking something other than just plain water all day.

It also wasnt like I had to be around a bathroom in fear of my stomach rebelling. It was just the initial calming by the ginger then I was done.

I plan on doing this for 4 days consecutively next week starting on Monday. I think it is something I will try to do every other month just to help cut down the bloat.

Today the boys and I go shopping with my mom. I mentioned before that I was looking at a heart rate monitor and Dicks Sporting Goods happens to have the one that I am looking at on sale this week for $10 off. I think I will probably use some of my Christmas money to get it.

Also, Eric, my trainer from the gym, contacted me yesterday as I was on my way up to Saginaw. We scheduled my free training session with him next Friday the 13th. Hope that means I dont injure myself being on an "unlucky" day. I just need to remember to bring a pad of paper and a pen with me so I can write down the exercises he tells me to do. Also it will be interesting because we are doing the session after my zumba class and my CX class (which he knows I am taking) so be prepared to hear about my adventure next weekend!


Tip of the day- I figured while I was on Sassy Water I would include in another staple in the Flat Belly Diet- MUFAS

What are MUFA's?

MUFAs are monounsaturated fatty acids, plant based fats that are found in some of the worlds most delicious foods- avacados, nuts and seeds, oils, olives and dark chocolate. Studies show that these good for you fats enhance heart health and protect against chronic disease. A diet high in MUFAs also helps reduce cholestrol, and helps diabetics control their blood sugar levels. And now reasearch shows that they may even target fat where it is hardest to lose- in your belly (based on information from Prevention).

oils: one serving is 1 Tablespoon (examples: olive oil, flaxseed oil, canola oil, peanut oil, sesame oil, soybean oil, sunflower oil, safflower oil, walnut oil and pesto sauce

Nuts and seeds: Eat them as a snack or sprinkle them on salads. One serving is 2 Tablespoons (Almonds, brazil nuts, natural peanut butter, dry roasted cashews, dry roasted peanuts and dry roasted sunflower seeds, haselnuts, macedamia nuts, pecans, pine nuts, pistachios, roasted pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and walnuts)

Avocado: One serving is 1/4 cup (Florida avacodo or Hass avacado)

Olives: One serving is 10 large olives or 2 Tablespoons tapenade (black olives, black olive tapenade, green olives, green olive tapenade)

Dark Chocolate: One serving is 1/4 cup (dark or semi sweet chocolate chips, shavings or chunks)

The American Heart Association recommends that fats should make up 25-35% of your daily caloric intake. Ideally your dietary fats should only be monounsaturated or polyunsaturated fats. MUFA should make up to 12-20% of your fat intake. If you balance your MUFA intake over 3 meals per day (for example) each meal should contain 4-6% of your recommended fat intake levels.

No comments:

Post a Comment