Monday, January 9, 2012

High Gear


Today I kick everything into high gear.
Unfortunately I was unable to get to the store yesterday and get my supplies for my 4 days of Sassy Water, but I got them today after hitting the gym. So my anti-bloat water starts tomorrow.

Today I started off at the gym by hitting the treadmill. For the first time I used a program that changes the incline as you run. Usually I just run at a 0 incline and adjust my speed manually.

I ran for about 15 minutes with the highest incline of 17 (woah!) and burned just over 250 cals and ran for 1.6 miles. I did a quick cool down and headed into CXWorx for my core.

I am really trying to push myself as much as I can. I still cant do the advanced side planks yet, but I am able to do the modification with the bent lower leg and raise my upper leg. Next time I may see how I can do with both legs out.

Tonight starts Phase Two with P90X. I may be needing the puke bucket. HA! Todays P90X workout is chest & back and ab ripper. Aaron has agreed to take part in my challenge too and I plan on taking some before pictures of him just to document.

I look forward to the challenge and I am really looking forward to seeing the results in 3 months after P90X is done! I am going to push myself to get the best results possible.

Tip of the day:
A friend had these questions on Facebook and while I gave her the answer that I thought was correct, I decided to look it up...

How many days does it take to create a habit?

While the well established rule on habits is 21-28 days, the UK Health Behaviore Research Centre recently came out with research that found it took 66 days to form a habit. I would tend to agree with the latest research — if we can do something for 66 days straight, we can do it for a year, five, or thirty. 21 or 28 days seems to be just enough time to make it questionable, or make you confident but not be able to stick to it. (http://www.spring.org.uk/2009/09/how-long-to-form-a-habit.php)

She also asked how long until you don't crave something (i.e. cutting soda out of your diet) which is why I put the picture above. I think it applies very well to this question. I did find out this information which I think is very useful for those of us trying to adopt a healthy lifestyle:

If you crave this… What you really need is… And here are healthy foods that have it:
  • Chocolate
Magnesium Raw nuts and seeds, legumes, fruits
  • Sweets
Chromium Broccoli, grapes, cheese, dried beans, calves liver, chicken

Carbon Fresh fruits

Phosphorus Chicken, beef, liver, poultry, fish, eggs, dairy, nuts, legumes, grains

Sulfur Cranberries, horseradish, cruciferous vegetables, kale, cabbage

Tryptophan Cheese, liver, lamb, raisins, sweet potato, spinach
  • Bread, toast
Nitrogen High protein foods: fish, meat, nuts, beans
  • Oily snacks, fatty foods
Calcium Mustard and turnip greens, broccoli, kale, legumes, cheese, sesame
  • Coffee or tea
Phosphorous Chicken, beef, liver, poultry, fish, eggs, dairy, nuts, legumes

Sulfur Egg yolks, red peppers, muscle protein, garlic, onion, cruciferous vegetables

NaCl (salt) Sea salt, apple cider vinegar (on salad)

Iron Meat, fish and poultry, seaweed, greens, black cherries
  • Alcohol, recreational drugs
Protein Meat, poultry, seafood, dairy, nuts

Avenin Granola, oatmeal

Calcium Mustard and turnip greens, broccoli, kale, legumes, cheese, sesame

Glutamine Supplement glutamine powder for withdrawal, raw cabbage juice

Potassium Sun-dried black olives, potato peel broth, seaweed, bitter greens
  • Chewing ice
Iron Meat, fish, poultry, seaweed, greens, black cherries
  • Burned food
Carbon Fresh fruits
  • Soda and other carbonated drinks
Calcium Mustard and turnip greens, broccoli, kale, legumes, cheese, sesame
  • Salty foods
Chloride Raw goat milk, fish, unrefined sea salt
  • Acid foods
Magnesium Raw nuts and seeds, legumes, fruits
  • Preference for liquids rather than solids
Water Flavor water with lemon or lime. You need 8 to 10 glasses per day.
  • Preference for solids rather than liquids
Water You have been so dehydrated for so long that you have lost your thirst. Flavor water with lemon or lime. You need 8 to 10 glasses per day.
  • Cool drinks
Manganese Walnuts, almonds, pecans, pineapple, blueberries
  • Pre-menstrual cravings
Zinc Red meats (especially organ meats), seafood, leafy vegetables, root vegetables
  • General overeating
Silicon Nuts, seeds; avoid refined starches

Tryptophan Cheese, liver, lamb, raisins, sweet potato, spinach

Tyrosine Vitamin C supplements or orange, green, red fruits and vegetables
  • Lack of appetite
Vitamin B1 Nuts, seeds, beans, liver and other organ meats

Vitamin B3 Tuna, halibut, beef, chicken, turkey, pork, seeds and legumes

Manganese Walnuts, almonds, pecans, pineapple, blueberries

Chloride Raw goat milk, unrefined sea salt
  • Tobacco
Silicon Nuts, seeds; avoid refined starches

Tyrosine Vitamin C supplements or orange, green and red fruits and vegetables
I found the craving information at: http://www.dailytransformations.com/food-cravings-here-is-what-your-body-really-wants/

Also there is a great website that explains sugar addiction and withdrawal symptoms. I think this is the worst thing to cut from our diet. Sugar seems to be in everything and I really do believe in my mantra "Everything in moderation". HOWEVER if you can't control yourself, sometimes it is best to not have it at all and avoid the temptation.

Check out the website for sugar withdrawal at: http://howtothinkthin.com/freedom.htm

1 comment: