Tuesday, January 3, 2012

First Day done!


I was pleasantly surprised when Aaron walked in the door yesterday at 3:30. Apparently the office is very quiet still after the holidays.

Because he was home already, I was off to the gym by 4pm. I was feeling ambitious and wanted to get in a double hit at the gym with an hour long Body Attack and an hour of Body Pump. The first being cardio, the second being weight lifting.

I wanted to get there early to sign up because with it being a new year, usually the gym gets really full. You are allowed to sign up for class 45 minutes early and it is first come first serve so for my second class you have to leave the first class for a couple minutes to sign up. And usually with the New Year you HAVE to be there to sign in about 45 minute prior because the classes fill very quickly.

I was very surprised that the gym wasnt near as packed as I thought it would be. Becca (my Body Pump Instructor) had a good point- people are probably watching the bowl games. Classes werent full either. We had lots of room to move around.

Anyways- because I was there so early, I hit the treadmill first. It had been a while since I have been on it, so I started off slow at 5 miles an hour and cranked up the iPod. I ended up getting in 30 minutes and 2.64 miles before class.

Now, I have only taken Body Attack one prior time. I must have forgotten how intensive this class is with all the Christmas and New Years festivities because I was dying during class! Sweat was dripping! But I knew I was burning calories so it was all good. My body had become used to the other classes that I take so this was a good way to confuse the body.

Once that class was over, I grabbed my weights and stepper for Pump and refilled my water bottle. I sat down to eat my cocoa covered almonds for fuel while everyone else gave me strange looks as to why I was sitting out during the warm up track. I knew if I didnt get some protein there was no way I was going to make it thru Pump and that is one of my favorite classes. Becca knew that I was being insanely ambitious and said that she didnt think I needed the warm up- my face was red already.

I made it thru Pump. Barely. My tank was on "E". I left for a minute during the lunge track thinking I might lose my almonds I just ate but I cooled down for a few and felt better. By then we were almost done anyways.

Now dont get me wrong- I didnt go into this to overdo it. I have done three classes in a row before and done just fine. I just did too much too soon after being out of the gym for over a week and having the stomach flu Christmas night. Lesson learned.

So I picked up the new schedule and have figured out my workout week to be like this:

Monday: 10am CX30 core workout 30 minutes, with 30 minutes running before. The kids go to the gym with me and go into day care there. They love it.

Tuesday: At home workout with P90X. Aaron says he will be doing this with me too.

Wednesday: At home workout with P90X.

Thursday: Running on the treadmill for about 20 minutes, Body Pump at 6:30pm followed by CX30 for the core.

Friday: Running on the treadmill for about 20 minutes, Zumba at 5:30pm followed by CX30 for the core.

Saturday: At home workout with P90X.

Sunday: rest!

Tee and Becca both swear by CX30 and that I will start to see results quickly. I love the class. It is very hard with lots of sit ups and planks. But I do see a difference just in doing it one-two days a week. I can only imagine now that more classes have been added how much of a difference I will see now that I can do it 3 times a week.

And of course the schedule will change as things come up, but this is going to be the main schedule going forward.

So onto tonight- I will be heading to the gym tonight to run and hit CX30 and maybe Body Flow afterwards. I havent done that class before. Body Flow is described as Yoga, Tai Chi, and Pilates workout that builds flexibility and strength and leaves you feeling centered and calm. Should be very interesting and it will be another way to confuse the body.

I will be heading to Saginaw Thursday to get my P90X so this is one of those weeks that the schedule is changed. It is really nice that the gym offers such a great variety of classes and times. It makes it very easy to alter your schedule because they usually have a class that you can take for the time you are looking for.

Im looking forward to big body changes ahead!!

Tip of the day: From Prevention Magazine
The more fat you eat, the less your taste buds respond to it, according to a new study in the International Journal of Obesity. People who ate a low-fat diet became more sensitive to fat after 4 weeks, while those on a high-fat diet became less able to perceive it. Cut the fat in your diet a little at a time and you wont feel deprived.

No comments:

Post a Comment