Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Jillian Michaels

So this Sunday I got a bug up by butt and decided to go out and buy Jillian Michaels 30 day shred and Ripped in 30 dvds.

Why did I get this bug you ask? Well I was on Pinterest and saw a girls before and after. After looking online and seeing that they are only $10 each (approx), and each days workout is approx 20 min, I decided to invest.

Sunday was the first day. Aaron and I started with the 30 day Shred dvd which has three different workouts each getting progressively harder the stronger you get.

We started with workout 1 and it has three different circuits in it and utilizes her 3-2-1 method.

For those of you who dont know what that is, it is a 2 minute warmup, 3 minutes of strength, 2 of cardio and 1 of abs. Repeat that times 3 with different exercises each time.

I made it thru the first workout no problem. I got a good sweat and according to my HRM, you burn about 200 calories in that 20 minutes. I thought "this is too easy. I am going to have to move up to phase two". The next day I could tell I worked out but I wasnt sore per say.

Day two was yesterday. I was on my own because Aaron was doing some stuff for work. I did phase one again and this time my arms got fatigued much faster and I was still only using 3 lb weighted balls.

This morning I definitely felt it in my arms and back and legs.

And this morning I headed to the basement for day three. I have a full night at the gym tonight so I had to do it this morning.

Boy oh boy. My arms and biceps are SORE!! Thank goodness tonight is just CX, Flow and RPM. No major arm work.

My frustration lies in the fact that I have been GAINING weight from this workout. I havent binged. I have stayed on my normal diet. Part of me is saying stick it out. It is probably swelling from the muscles getting worked out. I remember I gained weight initially in the P90X program too. Then it kicked in and I started losing...and quickly. But then alarm bells go off. I only have 18 days until my sisters wedding. If I am gaining weight, will my dress fit? If I didnt have the wedding to worry about I would just say whatever will be will be and work it out as an experiment. But man- my mind is being cruel. I am trying to fight the constant battle. Part of me says- it is only day 3. You still have 2.5 weeks until the wedding.

So folks this is what I am going to do. I cant let the scale beat me. I will still monitor my weight...daily. I am obsessed with the scale and I admit that (todays weight was 175.5) BUT I am going to continue with the program. Great things come to those who wait.

Today will be my first week back at the gym after the 4th and the power outage that they had. We will see what happens to my weight at the end of the week.

I admit.

I am anxious.

And nervous.

And thanking God that I have my dress here so I can try it on...daily. LOL.

Trust me- If I can get ripped like Jillian at the end of this I will be singing the praises.

Only time will tell I suppose.

So stay tuned for my updates.

And yes I am still continuing with the "Fat Flush" drink. Obviously it has had no effect on my weight because I have gained. Cranberry juice is good for the body as well as flax seed too so while I am not complaining, I will probably not continue drinking it after a week because of the price of the cranberry juice. I will instead just be adding  flaxseed to my smoothie in the morning. Yum yum.

Tip of the Day and appropriate to how I feel:




2 comments:

  1. I use to think I was disciplined-found out I'm not! At least not like I thought I was. BUT I am NOT a quitter :)

    I understand the anxiety. I think I'd be freaking out too. Good thing you have the dress to try on daily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the truth Lucy! Cant be a quitter and get results. You keep going girl!!

      Delete