Thursday, July 12, 2012

Day 5 of Shred

So today is day 5 of my Jillian Michaels 30 day shred dvd and I wanted to just update you with how I am doing.

So far I am really proud of myself. I havent missed a single day.

My weight has stayed steady at 175.5.

This morning I weighed myself. And my dress still fits. Still a bit snug and I still have some skin popping out the top but it is actually MUCH more comfortable than before I started the 30 day shred and weighed 175.5.

So I am chalking this up (weight) to building muscle tone.

The workout is a killer. My muscles were still a bit fatigued from when I did the dvd last night to when I did the dvd this morning and as I said before- I only use 3 lb weights!! It is the long repetitive movements that fatigues the muscles quickly and helps you feel the results. That coupled with the "compound movements" of working big muscles with little muscles that helps the time fly by and you feel the pain.

Last night Aaron did the workout with me. He really likes this dvd. He even commented that he thinks that this is a better workout than the P90X. He gets a great sweat on in 20 minutes and his muscles feel like they did work and that after it is done, he doesnt feel completely wiped out. Wow! Way to go Jillian!

What I think I am going to do is start a seperate page on my blog following my day to day 30 day shred. I will add my weight and I think I will add pictures at my 15 day mark to see if there is any progress.

Does that sound like something you would be interested in??

I did the dvd this morning as I mentioned above because tonight is my RPM class. I plan on getting to the gym early to do a 3 mile run (I have the color run next Sunday the 22nd) and then the stepper and some leg work before RPM.

Also I wanted to ask all of you...

Have you seen those ads for wraps that are supposed to tighten skin? I know they are temporary but it might be a good thing if the dress is still a tad tight for the wedding. I didnt know if they actually work or not.

My alterior motive for asking about those wraps is this...

Last night I was getting ready to jump into the shower and I pulled at my loose skin on my stomach. Oh my!!! How much nicer I look without lugging all this extra skin around. My butt looked like I could bounce quarters off of it, my tummy flatter and not as lumpy. I know that the wraps dont last forever. But if I could do the  wrap and keep working out, it might last longer because I will be tightening and toning at the same time.

Thoughts to ponder and research. I will let you know what I find out!

Tip of the Day:

8 comments:

  1. I have that DVD...and it sits gathering dust-LOL! I didn't like having to constantly get down on the floor, then up again, then down again (as least I think this is the one).

    The warm-up really gets you going.

    Great job on your consistency. I've never heard of the wraps. Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am only on phase one but I find that when I get to lay on the floor, it gives my body a much needed break so I really dont mind it.

      Delete
  2. I think the only way to ever deal with our loose skin is surgery, unfortunately. It might be different if you're younger, but at my age, after 2 kids and yo-yoing pretty much since high school, it is what it is. I don't know if I'll ever have surgery, but I will wear some Spanx!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to try my hardest NOT to have surgery. After seeing some of the before and after pictures from the 30 day shred online, it gives me a bit of hope of having things tightened. Only time will tell...oh and the photos. LOL. I am not ruling surgery out, just trying to put it off until the kids are a bit older and more self sufficient.

      Delete
  3. I once did those body wraps and as you are saying they are temporary and I don't know if it was the placebo effect or if they really helped but it made me feel better.
    My research before doing it, I think was at the mayo clinic website (which I trust) said that it is just temporary and nothing beats exercise, but it doesnt harm and you can do it before a beach vacation or a wedding (your case)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to know! Did you buy yours or go to a spa to have it done?

      Delete
    2. I went to a spa and loved it. Felt pampered. I bought it with a Groupon with 50+% off.

      Make sure you keep yourself well hydrated.

      Delete
    3. Thanks for the tips. I will be looking on Groupon for some deals!

      Delete