Saturday, July 14, 2012

Day 7 of 30DS

Last night was a lot of fun.

As I mentioned yesterday, I did the 30 DS in the morning. Calories burned: 200

Yesterday evening was 3.1 miles of intervals ranging from 4.0 mph to 5.8 mph back down to 4.5 mph up to 7.0 mph. I was able to increase my time at 7.0 mph from 1 minute up to 1 min 30 seconds. I ran 7.0mph  3 times.

Then I had zumba. Oh man! Way HIGH cardio last night. The room started getting steamy and the mirrors had a tint of fog on them. When I left after zumba, I was literally wet from head to toe. Every. single. part. Calories burned: 1007

Usually I do CX after zumba, but I skated out so I could meet friends at the Friday Night Concert in Dexter. The band was awesome!! They played great oldies music- Rolling Stones, Tom Petty, etc. Afterwards K and I went over to Aubreys (which is a pizzeria) for some food. She had just come back from vacation and a long flight and had not had much to eat. I had just finished zumba and had not had dinner.

You go to Aubreys and you have to order feta bread. Think greasy breadsticks loaded with ooie gooey feta cheese. Oh yummy! Then I had a glass of red wine and I ordered their grilled chicken sandwich which has a cajun seasoning on it with a grilled pineapple ring on top and guacamole on it as well. Oh so yummy! I ate part of my fries, 3/4 of my sandwich and I lost count of the feta bread. LOL. Probably 4 pieces or so.

Had a great time chatting and just enjoying downtown Dexter. It really is a great village!

This morning I woke up and stepped on the scale. 173.0. Whew. Nothing gained after all my indulging last night. Makes me feel good.

Just completed Day 7 of the 30 Day Shred. Love it. Still love it. Not bored with it yet and that is saying a lot doing the same workout 7 days in a row. Today I had a couple someones doing my workout with me. Xavier and Landry. So cute! The kids had a lot of fun bopping around during jumping jacks and butt kicks. Xavier kept saying- this is hard! They even used small weights and did the weight training portions with me. It was a lot of fun.

Now I am having my Shakeology protein shake. Today I changed it a bit trying to make it more drinkable. I did 2 scoops of shake, a bunch of ice cubes, some fresh strawberry slices, water and a handful of blueberries. Blend til smooth. It was MUCH better today. I could drink this easily.

Today I am meeting my Aunt at her house to go thru it and see which furniture (and take measurements) will be making the move to their new house. Then we will go to the new house to figure out furniture arrangements and look at colors etc. I am her interior designer. It is fun and is a hobby and passion of mine.

Then depending on what time we get done, I need to go to the grocery store to pick up food for Xaviers 5th birthday party tomorrow. I cant believe he is going to be 5 already! Where did the time go? Party food tomorrow will be hamburgers, hot dogs, turkey burgers for me, boca burgers for my vegetarian friends, chips, cole slaw, pasta salad, potato salad, a fruit bowl, a veggie platter and of course cake and ice cream. I should be able to make good decisions for eating with those options. Of course there will be wine, lime vodka and sierra mist drinks (my favorite go to summer drink!), beer and soda.

After the grocery store it is home to get the kids to bed. And to keep the calorie burn going, I am going to do my hour long zumba cardio dvd. It has been a long time since I have done it. I used to hate it because of how hard and high cardio it is. Now that I am much slimmer and have been going to zumba classes, I am sure it will still be a challenge as in a good sweat, but it wont be as much of an effort...if that makes any sense at all.

Tomorrow after the party, my sister is leaving my niece Norah (20 mo) here with us until Wed. Norah's babysitter is going on vacation and because I am a stay at home mom, I volunteered to take her so Joelyn doesnt have to find a new sitter for just a few days. I have to admit. I am kind of scared. Three kids. Me. Aaron at work. And we will be home bound because I cant get three carseats into my car.

This means no gym for me. I am definitely going to have to alter my schedule for a few days. Luckily it doesnt affect much BUT my long night I usually have on Tuesday at the gym. I just dont feel right leaving Aaron home with 3 kids. Norah doesnt know Aaron like she knows me and I dont want to stress her (and Aaron) out. Luckily I have Jillian Michaels and Zumba and running after the kids are in bed. I will be very interested to see how it affects my weight. It might just be the shake up my body needs.

Tip(s) of the Day:

From Self Magazine July issue

Sweet! If you're going to inhale a cupcake, do it early. Dieters who ate a treat with a balanced breakfast had more slimming success than those who didn't. Both groups lost 33 lbs on average, but those who ate no sweets regained 22, research from Tel Aviv University notes. Your metabolism revs in the AM; thats the best time to indulge.

Strawberries block sunburn- They have ellagic acid, a compound that protects against UV radiation, an animal study in Experimental Dermatology finds. This acid works by reducing the release of molecules linked to inflammation- which can lead to that oh-so-attractive lobster look. Plus, the acid preserves skin-smoothing collagen. Adios, wrinkles.

Leafy Greens double as shades- when eyes are exposed to excess sunlight over time, it can trigger cataracts and macular degeneration. Before you tune out, know that these "granny problems" can start to develop as early as your 20s and 30s. Load up now on dark greens (spinach, kale) for their lutein and zeaxanthin, compounds that can filter out damaging blue-light rays.

Tart-cherry juice gives you staying power- Its outdoor-sports time, but postexercise soreness can cramp your summer-partying style. Stay loose with this juice. Runners who drank it pre-race had 67 percent less pain afterward than nonsippers, the Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition indicates.Tart cherries pack anthocyanins, antioxidants that reduce inflammation.

Green Tea shrinks your stomach- Meet your bikini-body secret weapon. The brew's antioxidants may help block fat absorption, data from Penn state in University Park notes. Mice eating green tea extract put on pounds more slowly than tea-free mice. About 2 cups a day in hot, chilled or ice-pop form may help us slim down, too.

Garlic kicks ticks- People who popped garlic pills (1,200 milligrams, the equivalent of two cloves a day) got fewer tick bites than placebo takers, the Journal of the American Medical Association shows. Garlic may change the way you taste, turning off the bloodsuckers. Eat the bulb, or try supplements if the smell is too much for you.

4 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about your baby turning 5! Mine just turned 7 last week (sigh). I also have a 26 yr old (well 25 but he turns 26 in 2 wks).

    ReplyDelete