Monday, October 8, 2012

Day 1 of fruit and veggie fast

Hey everyone! So I am back at it with a fire under my ass.

Today my new starting weight is 182.0. And I am pissed I let myself get into a slump and let the weight come back on.

REGARDLESS...

Just got back from shopping- grocery shopping. Everything I bought with the exception of some whole wheat saltine crackers for Aaron and some Gummi Bears (incentive) for Landry were fruits and veggies.

Garlic, green tomatoes, bananas, navel oranges, kiwi, broccoli, green onions, gala apples, sweet onions, avocado, brussel sprouts, red cabbage, holiday red seedless grapes, butternut squash, spinach, celery, baby carrots, campari tomatoes, strawberries, zucchini, squash, mixed baby bell peppers and sugar snap peas.

I still have some sweet potatoes at home to mix in with everything too.

My plan is to eat the food that spoils faster first. Save the squash, sweet potatoes etc for later in the week.

Tonight I will be sauteing:

Spinach, Broccoli, baby carrots, celery, onion, chili powder, garlic and cumin together. Maybe with some red pepper flakes. Yummy right??


And I am hoping to walk tonight too.


So stay posted all with how I am doing.


This is not a juicing fast.


This is a fruit and veggie fast. I can eat them steamed, sauteed (with water, or just a touch of oil), raw...whatever. I just want to try to do a reset as pure as I can get. And by doing it this way, I shouldnt be missing the chewing sensation.


I do have some boca burgers that I may have later in the week as a splurge but we shall see. That wouldnt be adhering to the rules. LOL. But if I did, it wouldnt be on a bun. It would be in a lettuce wrap with some avocado on it.


Ok all. Have a great day. Check back to see if I kill myself or if I can make it thru this week. Aiming for a week but hopefully I can do it for two weeks.


Tip of the Day:

3 comments:

  1. Don't kill yourself or anyone else! It sounds a lot better than drinking all of your calories! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feeling good so far, but dang I am hungry a lot. I def like being able to chew and not just drink everything. Dont know how people who break their jaws or have oral surgery can survive for long periods of time like that.

      Delete
  2. I did enjoy just eating fruits and veggies instead of just juicing. I think this sounds like a fun plan to try. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete