Thursday, July 25, 2013

Confession Time

Hey everyone.

So I have some confessions to make here.

I finally stepped on the scale after realizing that my shorts were tight.

Well...the news wasnt good.

The number was back up to 183.0.

UGH.

So now I have gotten back on the train and gotten the real kick in the ass that I needed.

The last couple days has been work outs galore.

Tuesday night I went to the local rec center and ran a mile and about died. LOL. Amazing how quick your cardio endurance goes bye bye when you dont use it! Then I worked on this evil elliptical called Octane. I did the fat burner session with the glute killer pushed on. The thing that is so cool about this machine is that every minute, there is a little circle that spins and tells you what to do. So one minute it may tell you to go fast...then you get a minute to recover...then it may tell you to go backwards and squat...then a minute recover...then it may say to lean back and go fast....the thing is CRAZY!

After that I did back and biceps and core. All in all I burned 764 calories that day.

Yesterday I was down 1.5 lbs.

Then yesterday I did my first day of Turbo Jam. I did the 20 minute routine. It was fricken awesome!! In 19 minutes I burned 199 calories.

Then last night I ran another mile and then crushed legs. Leg abductors, adductors, leg extensions, hamstring work, 500 lb leg presses and then a strip set. And on top of all that, I went on the escalator stepper for 15 minutes. AND I didnt mention that I ran to the gym (0.44 miles) and then walked home. My legs couldnt take a run. LOL.

Burned 796 calories last night.

Only down another half pound this morning but I know part of that is because of lactic acid buildup. I am quite sore today.

In a bit I will be doing 20 minute Turbo Jam again and tonight I will be heading into Ypsi for RPM. My plan is to work my chest and triceps before class.

Aaron and I are in a bit of a competition. He found some swimsuits for us that neither of us can wear right now. LOL. So we are seeing who can be ready for their swimsuit first. It wont be anytime soon but it is helping to get our ass in gear.

I am also back using MyFitnessPal again to track everything. So far so good. I know my biggest downfall was alcohol. Damn it. LOL. Bye bye. Had to cut it out again. I will just have to stick with red wine every once in a while.

Ok...update on the earwigs.

I finally found some insect killer for the yard that will prevent the bugs for 3 months. We were starting to see an increase of them in the basement again.

I also bought silicone caulk to caulk between the gaps between the baseboard in the basement and the floor and also between the baseboard and the wall. I cant paint over it but the baseboards look nice and glossy. LOL. I also bought spray foam insulation to fill in some of the gaps where pipes go thru the foundation.

ANNNDDDD....

Knock on wood...

Two days and no earwigs in the basement!!

Ok lets see....what else...

OHHH

I started my personal training exam. It is no fucking joke. I am seriously nervous I am not gonna pass this thing and it is open book.

Why do you ask?

Because I have two case studies and 6 essays to do and it is all subjective to whoever is grading my answers. And that is in addition to true and false, multiple choice, matching and calculations.

So please say some prayers.

I am going to really take my time answering everything. It may take me a month or more but I want to make sure that I am throughout and give them what they are looking for. Plus these essay questions are insane. Some involve me having tests done at a doctors office or taking a first aid class or doing assessments on 10 friends. Really??? That seems crazy to me. But I have to try.

That is why I havent been on here updating. I have been studying and trying to take this test.

Also on top of all that, Monday I woke up with a splitting headache and an earache. Well later that day my eardrum ruptured. Yeah. Again. Damn it. Luckily I had some left over amoxicillin that I started to take. That helped. Now I am just waiting to heal because I cant hear out of my left ear. LOL.

So that is it for now.
I will give you an update on how I am doing on my test later on. If I am not on here much you now know why.

Tip of the Day:
Did you know?

RED - The phytochemicals in red foods are carotenoids and anthocyanins. One of the most abundant carotenoid is lycopene. Lycopene helps reduce damage from free radicals in your body and it also prevents heart disease, cancer, prostrate problems, and reduces the skin damage from the sun. These red foods help memory function, urinary tract health, and makes your heart healthy.


(Gotten from Juicing Vegetables on Facebook)

1 comment:

  1. Love to hear about your INSANE workouts! makes me want to get my ass in gear, sort of... :)

    ReplyDelete