Monday, May 20, 2013

Detox Day 1 AND It Works Wrap Update

Yup. One bad meal wont make you fat.

But for me, I have been on a downward spiral for the past few weeks.

Today I am taking the bull by the horns and starting a veggie/fruit detox.

Today will be day one.

The only thing I will allow myself is my protein powder (and coffee) because I am still going to be doing my workouts.

And today I am going to pack up the alcohol. I just cant stay away from it. I am not getting drunk by any means BUT I have been having a drink or two every night. Not what I want to be doing.

My midsection has gotten bigger so I am starting a drastic measure- a fruit/veggie fast. (Think what I was doing pretornado). All fruits and veggies. Can be raw, sauteed with water, pureed for smoothies, etc. I just havent been feeling well stomach wise. I think this will help me get back on track. My goal is to do it until Saturday with the exception of lunch on Wednesday with my sorority sister. I will most probably have a salad, BUT we are going to Aubrees (she has never been) and I will HAVE to order some feta bread. LOL.

The weekend was good. I had one person for Zumba on Saturday. Next weekend she will not be there so I am going to cancel class on Saturday. No point in me driving out there to just waste the gas and cancel the class.

But I have a very busy week ahead.

Monday- packing, starting to wrap stuff with bubble wrap, teach Zumba, leg workout
Tuesday- packing, putting out the donation stuff (I have a LOT)
Wednesday- pick up boxes from my aunt, lunch with a sorority sister, drive past the house to take better front pictures, workout with Eric
Thursday- pack, speech evaluation for Landry, RPM and work out with Eric
Friday- pack (kids dont have school), Zumba
Saturday- Leave for Saginaw, teach a Zumba class that afternoon or Sunday morning
Sunday- Zumba again maybe?

Anyways that is my week. I will still try to get on here to update.

Moving on...

I had someone ask me for an update with the wraps. I really have to apologize. I tried to email you back but because it was anonymous, it must not have gone thru. And then I tried to reply to the question on my phone and that didnt work either.

Ok. Here is what I think about the wraps.

1. I did not use them consistantly enough (as in every three days) to know how good these worked. I think I used two of them then hung on to the others and used those just one at a time.

2. I loved how they felt on. Think a menthol feeling. But I didnt like having to wrap my midsection with saran wrap. I kept my wraps on all night and the saran tended to slide up and leave a mess.

3. I did notice tightening (from the pictures) BUT I really dont know if that was just water loss that caused the skin to tighten.

4. Not sure how they lasted over time because I started to work with a trainer and was already doing SO much with exercise already.

All in all, I cant give these a thumbs up or down. Honestly I am not sure how well they work because I did not use the whole pack consistantly. I think that there is nothing better than good old hard work to lose weight. Would I buy them again? I would. I would love to do another experiment once I get down to where I want to be just to see how well they work. Would I become a loyal customer? Probably not. As an every once in a while customer it seems fine.

Instead of becoming a loyal customer, I decided to go the personal trainer route. I see the most bang for my buck and it is my whole body getting in shape and not just one area.

You arent going to find a magic wrap that is instantly gonna make you a size 6 when you are a size 18. That is gonna take hard work and moxy. Yes you will have ups and downs. Look at me- cycling out of a down time...but I am not giving up. Life is like that. It is a life choice and you are in it for the long haul.

Good luck. Let me know how it goes!

Tip of the Day:


1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your detox. Good for you for taking initiative. When I find myself getting out of control, I also go back to a rigid regime for a few days to get myself back on track.

    Interesting review about the wraps. My mom used it post-baby with my baby brother. I've wanted to try it on my core. :)

    ReplyDelete