Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Day 1 of Detox Recap

Day one of my "detox" was a success.

For breakfast I had a smoothie. Banana, papaya, strawberries, avocado and spinach.

Lunch was sauteed veggies (no oil or butter)- onions, mushrooms, orange peppers, red peppers, cherry tomatoes and red pepper flakes.

Snack was an apple with peanut butter (I wanted some protein before Zumba)

Dinner after working with Eric was a protein shake. Strawberries, banana, apple juice and vanilla protein powder

Then before bed I had my Casein protein shake made with a bit of peanut butter.

That was it. No snacking, no cheating.

I am very proud of myself.

Working out with Eric last night was legs. Single leg leg presses, calf raises and then single leg dead lifts. Second circuit was the stair climber (no hanging on and skipping every other step), squats with an arm raise using a weight and then crunches. OUCH! He had me using 45 lb weight plates for the squat/arm raise exercise.

Today I am a smidge sore but not bad.

And I weighed myself today. 167.0. Yup. Gained some weight. Thats ok though. I think it is only about 6 lbs. I will get it back off. When I really started working hard, my weight got back up to 161 and I was super fit.

And Eric told me that we only have 12 training sessions left. Shit. And I cant afford to renew with him right now because of the kids surgeries. Insurance sucks. Once they have the surgery then I can get a hold of what the damage is going to be for our bills. Dont worry though. I will still be lifting. Just sucks because he keeps me accountable. But sometimes you have to do what you have to do.

I am also applying for a front desk position for the gym. I am hoping that working there will give us a bit of extra money. We shall see.

Today is a "rest" day for me but it will depend on the weather.
I would like to get in a run tonight but severe thunderstorms are possible.

I still plan on keeping with my detox. Breakfast will be another smoothie.
For lunch, Aaron and I are meeting an insurance guy to see if we can get a better plan for less out per month. So we will be going to Potbelly. I will be having the farmhouse salad with no bacon, blue cheese or chicken. I will be keeping the eggs, onion and tomato on it though. No dressing.

Dinner will be sauteed veggies.

Before bed will be my casein shake with a bit of peanut butter.

So that is it for us today. Wish us luck with the insurance guy.

Tip of the Day:

1 comment:

  1. Great job getting through day 1 of your plan! Thanks for writing it out too. I'm always curious what other people do to "detox".

    Good luck with the rest of the week and that job application!

    ReplyDelete