Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Here goes nothing...


After quite a journey thus far of weight loss, I have had so many people ask me how I have lost 100 lbs, what I am eating, what exercise I am doing, etc that I decided that it would be best to chronicle my newest venture in a blog.

A bit about me and my previous experience...

August 2010 I threw my sister a baby shower and after seeing the pictures, it looked like I was the one that was pregnant. After having two kids and reaching my highest weight of 268, I decided enough was enough and I wasn't willing to live the rest of my life overweight.

I started off slow...you have to when you are that weight...I heard about a supplement on the radio (Healthe Trim) and ordered it. It had a 30 day money back guarantee and Mojo in the Morning had success with it so I thought "what do I have to lose?" Also, I ordered the Zumba dvds off of the television infomercial. I figured if I could make working out fun, I would stick with it and my mother in law Andi was a huge fan of Zumba. Another helpful tool was "My fitness pal" app that I got for my phone. I could track what I ate, my exercising, and my weight loss.

I cut out alcohol (except wine) and pop and caffeine. I didnt want the empty calories from the alcohol and the healthy trim supplement requires that you stop the artificial sweeteners and caffeine in order for it to work.

9 months later (that April) after adding running into the routine, I was 100 lbs lighter! It was something I never thought was possible! I went from a size 24 to a size 8. For the first time, I weighed less than my husband and could fit into his jeans.

Now I move to my new goal of avoiding a tummy tuck. I have a lot of excess skin from the weight loss in my stomach and thighs and it itches constantly. I looked into having a tummy tuck done and actually scheduled the surgery for Jan 19th, 2012, but financially I just didnt want to put us in a bind. SO I am going back to the old fashioned way and have set a New Years goal of toning and tightening my body as best as I can by June- the start of swimsuit season. The hard part of losing the weight is done. Now is the fun part of working out with friends.

This blog is to help track my progress, keep me on track and to help provide a guide for those who are curious as to what I did. Also it will provide me with photographic timeline of the progress I make.

Thanks for following along! The three pictures of me in my swimsuit are my new "beginning" photos. Also I posted a picture of me at my sisters baby shower. The photo that started it all!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited you decided to document this! I can't wait to continue to follow your journey and cheer you on! I'm so proud of you!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a HUGE accomplishment for me. I weighed less than my long, lean husband and I could fit into his size 30W jeans!!!

    ReplyDelete